Burnt Hickory Brewery
“FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR GLASS WILL FOLLOW!”
In 2011, the City of Kennesaw welcomed its first brewery, The Burnt Hickory Brewery. Since the maiden batch rolled off the line in 2012, the brand has had a loyal following that continues to grow. For fans of punk rock, it’s commonplace for a band to be jamming on the production floor as you sip some pretty creative, albeit high gravity beers. The Burnt Hickory Brewery brand is becoming one of the top-selling craft beers in the state and across the region.
Owner Scott Hedeen along with the BHB crew are passionate about their beer and have developed a huge following of fans for their brand. Visit often because you never know what beers will be on tap. There are usually a few fan favs along with new offerings and a few seasonal and limited edition choices to choose from.
With changes in the law that began on September 1, you can now buy beer directly from the brewery as well as imbibe on site. On any given afternoon, you can count on a fun crowd to tour and taste with.
What You Need To Know:
- Tasting Room hours are: Sunday 1 pm to 6 pm, Wednesday & Thursday 5 pm to 9 pm, Friday 4 pm to 10 pm, Saturday 1 pm to 10 pm. The brewery is closed on Monday and Tuesday. Check Burnt Hickory Brewery’s Facebook page for updates on what’s being poured
- Location is not well-marked as there is very limited signage for the brewery – It’s located in an office complex with D. McKeon Heating & Air and just downhill from Kennesaw Auto Center on the same side of the road
- Events can include live music, food offerings and other activities (but not always) – You can also find a hodge podge of adventures including vintage arcade games and a collection of vinyl for sale within the brewery
- Dogs are allowed but must be controlled
- Children are allowed but only those with a valid ID stating they are 21 and over can taste
- Parking can get crowded on weekends – Once the BHB lot is full, there is parking at local businesses on Moon Station and at the city’s Public Works lot
- Taking Uber or Lyft is always a great idea
Address & Map: 2260 Moon Station Court, NW, #210, Kennesaw, GA 30144