Lazy Guy Distillery
In 2013, the City of Kennesaw welcomed one of a very small number of craft whiskey distilleries in Metro Atlanta. Bottling and distributing its first small batch in 2014, Lazy Guy Distillery is a young company but a rising star that’s on the fast track to becoming the area’s favorite brand.
Owner Mark Allen is passionate about Lazy Guy’s award-winning spirits made from his own hand-crafted recipes through processes he has perfected himself. Part mad scientist, part culinary genius, he is always happy to share his modern take on this age-old industry.
Located at the edge of historic downtown Kennesaw and backed up to the railroad tracks, the barn (circa 1800s) provides the perfect backdrop for an interesting and informative tour of the distillation process. Visitors can also purchase and consume hand-crafted cocktails onsite or buy bottled spirits to take home.
Many of Lazy Guy’s spirits carry names that are relevant to the area including Kennesaw Lightning, The General, 5th Article 1887 (a Rye Whiskey) and Sidetrack Bourbon. Other spirits in the portfolio include Threesome Whiskey and Cold Heart Whiskey and distillery exclusives like Atlanta Gin, Lotoko and Snow Cream Liqueur.
What You Need To Know:
- This is a real working production facility so tours are not always available – Hours of operation are Thursday and Friday from 4 pm to 8 pm, Saturday from 12 pm to 8 pm with tours on Saturday at 1 pm, 3 pm and 5 pm. Watch Lazy Guy’s Facebook page to see when hours/days may vary
- The location is well-marked but may look different than expected – The front building which houses the office, gift shop and tasting room looks like a residential home, while the barn (production facility) is in the back
- There are informational tours (on Saturdays) and the opportunity to buy and consume individual hand-crafted cocktails or bottles of product to take home
- Anyone can attend a tour, but only those with a valid ID stating they are 21 or over can sample
- Parking is limited at the site – There is FREE city parking available close by on Moon Station Road (at the Main Street intersection) as well as FREE parking throughout the city in areas designated by green parking banners. Be mindful of limited 3 hour parking areas while in the city